National Preparedness Month Quiz
What Should You Do To Be Ready?
1. What is NOT one of the four steps you can take to help your family be prepared for emergencies?
A. Eat your vegetables
B. Get a kit
C. Make a plan
D. Be informed
E. Get involved
2. What should a Family Communication Plan include?
A. Information about how we would get in touch with each other during an emergency
B. Where we would meet
C. How we would remain in contact
D. All of the above
3. How much water should you have in your Ready Kit?
A. One small water bottle for each person
B. One gallon of water for the whole family
C. One gallon of water per person per day
D. One gallon of water for the family per day
4. Which of the following is NOT an important part of a Kid’s Emergency Supply Kit?
D. Video Games
5. How quickly can a fire spread through a house?
A. 10 minutes
B. As little as 5 minutes
C. 30 minutes
D. 45 minutes
6. in an emergency, what number should you dial to contact the police and fire department?
7. In an emergency, what should you have available to hear news and official reports about what is occurring?
A. A hand-crank/battery-powered radio
B. A CD player
C. A board game
D. A DVD player
Answers: 1. A, 2. D, 3. C, 4. D, 5. B, 6. A, 7. A