Join us for a Webinar on How to Set Up a Drought Long-term Recovery Group
The intended audience is anyone interested in the process of setting up a long-term, drought recovery group whether they are from a community affected by drought or from an organization wanting to assist a community in setting up an organized, long-term drought recovery group. The audience is for those providing assistance rather than those requesting assistance. This Webinar will be promoted to National VOAD members and EDEN delegates as the primary audiences, others who want to assist in drought recovery are welcome. The audience will learn about resources from National VOAD and EDEN and hear points from Lutheran Disaster Response on how they have used long-term recovery groups to help in past droughts. This webinar is jointly hosted by National VOAD and EDEN (National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and the Extension Disaster Education Network).
When: November 28, 2012 from 3 to 4 Eastern (2 Central/1 Mountain/noon Pacific)
Where: Please go to this URL https://gomeet.itap.purdue.edu/EDENDrought . At the above date and a few minutes before the beginning time to log on as a guest, you will be able to ask questions by using the Chat feature.
- Opening and introduction – Bill Hoffman, USDA National Program Leader
- Updates on VOAD Drought Task Force and EDEN Drought NEIL – Steve Cain, Indiana VOAD President and EDEN delegate
- Resources update – Elizabeth Disco-Shearer, Texas VOAD President and member of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul- South Central Region
- Experiences in drought long-term recovery — Joan Buchhop, Lutheran Disaster Response, North Dakota
- Wrap up and questions – All on the above panel