The intended audience for this webinar is anyone interested in the process of setting up a long-term, drought recovery group whether they are from a community affected by drought or from an organization wanting to assist a community in setting up an organized, long-term drought recovery group. The audience is for those providing assistance rather than those requesting assistance. The audience will learn about resources from National VOAD and EDEN and hear points from Lutheran Disaster Response on how they have used long-term recovery groups to help in past droughts. This webinar was jointly hosted by National VOAD and EDEN (National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and the Extension Disaster Education Network).
Opening and introduction – Bill Hoffman, USDA National Program Leader
- Updates on VOAD Drought Task Force and EDEN Drought NEIL – Steve Cain, Indiana VOAD President and EDEN delegate
- Resources update – Elizabeth Disco-Shearer, Texas VOAD President and member of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul- South Central Region
- Experiences in drought long-term recovery — Joan Buchhop, Lutheran Disaster Response, North Dakota
- Wrap up and questions – All on the above panel
Requests made before and after the webinar for additional webinars:
- Conflicts between municipal and ag water use during drought.
- Need funding resources for mental health response
- Updates on new resources being shared.
- Explain how the National Disaster Recovery Framework is being used for drought. (This webinar is in the planning process)
Please share your suggestions for additional webinars according to the drought related needs and issues in your area.